Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oh For the Love of Good Days!

:)

Yes, it's been a good day (well, after spending 2 hours at the vet with my dog this morning...but nothing was wrong with him, so I guess that's a good day!).

One of the things we discussed in a Griefshare meeting awhile back was the importance of telling those around you when you have good days. We have a tendency to focus on the bad ones...we can become consumed by them, and blinded to the blessings we experience everyday, no matter how horrible life may be.

*NEWSFLASH* I'm watching "Holiday Inn" with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire (and decorating my house for Christmas and drinking wine!), and as I was typing the above, Fred Astaire started singing, "I've Got Plenty to be Thankful For." Nice.

Anyways, reverting back to the Lessons being learned and to share with ya'll, today's lesson....

Lesson #7 (?): Be thankful for the good days, and share them with those who have stood by you through the bad ones.

I love you all!!

~Jac

No comments:

Post a Comment